Hara Bhara Kebab
With a healthy combination of spinach, green peas and potatoes, Hara Bhara Kebabs are spicy, chatpata and a hit with both kids and adults.
With a healthy combination of spinach, green peas and potatoes, Hara Bhara Kebabs are spicy, chatpata and a hit with both kids and adults. Snack on them with a cup of chai in the evenings, or serve them to guests at your next party.
- Rice Bran Oil for frying
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1/4 cup Besan
- 1 large Potato, boiled and peeled
- 1 cup Green Peas, boiled
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Green Chili Paste
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon Amchoor Powder
- Salt to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add spinach to it to blanch it. Switch off the flame after a minute and strain the spinach. Immediately transfer the spinach to ice cold water. This helps retain the bright green colour. After a minute or so, strain the spinach and squeeze it to get rid of extra water. Chop it finely and set aside.
- In a kadhai or pan, roast besan on a low flame for 3-4 minutes till you start getting a nutty fragrance and the besan is a very light golden brown.
- In another bowl, add the chopped spinach, boiled and peeled potato, green peas, roasted besan, ginger paste, green chili paste, chaat masala powder, amchoor powder and salt. Mash everything together and make small lime sized bowls. Flatter each ball into a kebab and place on a greased tray.
- Heat oil in a kadhai for frying and add the kebabs one by one, making sure not to crowd the pan. Fry them on medium high heat for 5-8 minutes. Take them out on a plate lined with paper towels. Serve hot with ketchup and mint chutney.