Aloo Paneer Paratha
Aloo Paneer Paratha is a popular punjabi stuffed flatbread dish which is hearty, satisfying and nutritious.
Aloo Paneer Paratha is a popular punjabi stuffed flatbread dish which is hearty, satisfying and nutritious. These parathas can be had for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Just combine them with some curds, raita or butter.
Extra Sunflower Oil
For the dough
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour or Atta
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Approx 1 cup Water
For the Filling
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 2 Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 1 Boiled Potato, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup crumbled Paneer
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix together atta and salt and make a well in the center. Add some water and start mixing the dough. Add water little by little as you knead the dough till it’s soft, smooth and supple.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger paste and green chilies. Cook for a minute and add potatoes, paneer, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame and set aside to cool.
- To start making parathas, heat a tawa.
- While the tawa is heating, take a golf ball sized piece of dough and roll it out till it’s about 2 inches in diameter. Use extra flour while rolling to avoid the dough from sticking.
- Place a tablespoon of filling in the center of the dough, and wrap the edges over it and seal them so that the stuffing is inside and the dough once again resembles a ball.
- Keep dipping the dough in extra flour and roll it out till it’s 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Flip the dough onto the hot tawa. Once you see small bubbles on the surface, flip it and spread a teaspoon of oil on top. Repeat this till the parathas are cooked through and golden brown on each side. Serve hot with curds, raita and butter.