Tofu Brown Rice Pulao
A healthy, protein rice pulao recipe with tofu, vegetables and brown rice is a complete meal in itself.
A healthy, protein rice pulao recipe with tofu, vegetables and brown rice is a complete meal in itself. It’s perfect for days when you want something quick and light, and goes well with raita or plain yogurt.
- 3 tablespoons Soybean Oil
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Carrots, finely chopped
- 1 Capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 200 grams Tofu, cut into half inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked Brown Rice
- Salt to taste
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan and add the tofu pieces. Pan fry them till golden brown on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or kadhai and add onion and garlic. Saute for 4-5 minutes till the onions are translucent. Add carrots and capsicum and a splash of water. Cook the vegetables for a few minutes till slightly tender.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder and salt. Mix well and add tofu. Toss the tofu pieces so that the spices coat them.
- Add the brown rice and stir fry till everything is mixed well. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.