Aam ka achaar is all we need to perk up our meals or use it in the absence of any sabzi. If you are ever out of achaar at home, you can make this raw mango pickle instantly using Vilina Refined Sunflowerseed Oil, in all of 10 minutes!
If there’s something that all Indian kitchens are always well-stocked with, it is a variety of pickles. There are different kinds of pickles you can make with different foods, but mango pickle so far remains the most popular. Aam ka achaar is all we need to perk up our meals or use it in the absence of any sabzi to go with our roti or paratha or pulao. Kaccha aam gives us the tanginess and sourness plus a hint of sweetness we need in our pickles. So, mango is always the best contender for making the best Indian side dish.
The only issue with making pickles is that it takes a lot of time to mature and get ready for consumption. So, if you are ever out of achaar at home, you can make this raw mango pickle instantly, in all of 10 minutes!
Get raw pickle mangoes from the market; you can easily get them when you’ll ask specifically for it. These are the mangoes with seed in it. Wash the raw mangoes thoroughly and cut them into cubes along with the peels. The peel adds a nice crunch to the pickle.
- Heat 2 table spoon Vilina Refined Sunflowerseed Oil (in a Kadhai)
- Add 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds (Rai)
- 20-25 Black Pepper (Kali Mirch)*Cook for 30-45 seconds
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cumin Seeds (Jeera)*1/4 teaspoon of Asafoetida (Hing)
- 2 1/2 Teaspoon of Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- Add all the mangoes pieces
- Give Everything a good mix
- Add 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- Mix again nicely
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes in low to medium flame
- Do not add water as the water content of mango will cook the Mango
- Add 1/2 cup of pre-crushed jaggery (gur) to it for sweetness. Cook it for 2-3 minutes until completely melted. (you can adjust the sweetness as per your preference)
- And now the Pickle is ready
- Allow it to come to room temperature
- Store in air-tight container
- You can refrigerate it for up to 10 days.